Experienced Veterinary Technician
Want to work in an 11,000 square foot historic bank building that has been renovated to house a veterinary hospital, dog daycare and boarding facility? Want to join a progressive team that is poised to grow further?
We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Technician. Duties include but not limited to: assisting the veterinarian during examinations of animals, providing restraint as needed, preparing and administering medications, vaccines, and treatments as prescribed by the veterinarian, obtain radiographs, with knowledge of proper positioning and techniques, perform laboratory tests, collect, prepare and label samples for laboratory testing, including blood, urine and fecal, IV catheter placement, preparing animals for surgery, assisting in surgery, perform routine dental cleaning, and maintain accurate patient records.
Our facility features state of the art surgical, dental and veterinary procedure areas. The surgical suite is located in the original main bank vault. We go to great lengths to make the process much more convenient and enjoyable for our clients and their pets. Our clinic prides itself on overall patient wellness, client education and research. We are a five doctor paperless practice with lots of space for boarding, dog daycare and growth. We are looking for friendly, dedicated part-time staff to join our Bridgeport Veterinary Hospital family.
We are looking for people who are
· Animal and people lovers
· Team players
· People with a good sense of humor and a great deal of patience
· Hardworking and with upbeat personalities
Required technical abilities include
- IV catheter placement
- Anesthetic monitoring, anesthetic induction/intubation
- Canine and feline dentistry, including proficiency with digital dental radiographs
- Drug calculations
- Administration of medication via injection and by mouth
- Knowledge and comfortability communicating about animal husbandry, care, procedures, and doctor recommendations to educate clients
- Good communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to triage
- A team member who has the ability to adapt to different DVM preferences.
- Licensed CVT a plus, but not required
In return we provide
· A close knit team
· Flexible scheduling
· A competitive salary
· A benefits package
· Employee discounts
Bridgeport is located just 17 miles northwest of downtown Philadelphia. The area has the perfect balance between city and suburban living. With 4,500 inhabitants, Bridgeport is one of the smaller communities around Philadelphia. The largest shopping mall in the United States, King of Prussia Mall, is located a mere 2.9 miles from Bridgeport.
Pay: $18+ per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Interested in applying for this job? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org