We will offer “Hands Free Drop Off” appointments for the foreseeable future in an attempt to keep our clients, their pets and our staff healthy and safe.
Here is what you can expect:
- All communications with our team will be done by telephone.
- On the premises, you and your pet will be still be greeted by our caring and friendly staff but for your safety and ours we may don masks and gloves. We will also keep a 6ft distance and not shake hands or hug as much as we really want to.
- As always, our facilities will be clean and we have ramped up our cleaning efforts.
- All appointments must be scheduled so we can coordinate and maintain appropriate social distancing between clients.
Because drop off appointments require that your pet board in our Resort, they must meet the following health criteria:
- Dogs must be vaccinated for Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella and Influenza.
- Cats must be vaccinated for Rabies and Feline Distemper.
- Both cats and dogs must have had a negative fecal within the past 12 months.
- Please wipe down your pet’s carrier with a disinfectant before arrival.
These requirements will keep your pet safe during their stay with us.
This is how it works:
- When you arrive in our parking lot, call the hospital so we can arrange to have a BVH team member meet you and your pet in our Lobby.
- The team member will quickly retrieve your pet and send you on your way.
- Be ready for the doctor’s call within 30 minutes of your scheduled drop off time.
- The doctor will discuss any physical examination findings and their plan for treatment.
- We will NOT perform any diagnostic procedures or administer any treatments without your consent.
- You will pick up your pet in the same location that you dropped them off.
- Once the examination and treatments are complete, please pay at the reception desk. If needed we can meet you at your car for payment once your fur baby is safely put into your vehicle.
- All documents, including invoices, will be emailed to you.
These appointments are only available during office hours. You may drop off your pet two hours before your appointment and pick them up two hours after the appointment has ended. If your pet needs to stay with us longer than four hours the appropriate boarding fee will be charged.
We will get through these difficult times together.
Bridgeport Veterinary Hospital